Overclocked Geforce3 Ti200

Status
Not open for further replies.

bretty

I have just overclocked my video card from 174/400, to 200/500

I only got an extra 226 3D marks? should I get more? or should I krank the core higher. It is a hercules model....I think these are overclocking friendly.

The memory is at its highest. To be quite honest, I was expecting more.

A 25% increase in memory speed isn't anything to sneeze at! You're also getting a 15% increase in the core > not bad either. ;)

You *might* get 5-10% more out of the core, but unless you have good cooling > you take a chance of stressing the card. :(

3DMark 'games' like different settings. Too high on the memory & 'Car chase' will lock. Too high on the core & 'Dragothic' locks. Too high on the core & 'Lobby' fractures, but still runs, in my experience. :cool:

A Ti200 is a fine card, but it isn't a Ti500 or a GF4. It does have it's limits & to find out your cards oc limits: I'd suggest a Google search for reviews on that particular card.

Here's one for ya & even tho' I linked to the oc specs, read all the review: http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/3211_935461__10

HTH,

Just as a thought bretty, try lower core speeds in increments of 5 (195,190, etc)
I've got a gf3 and I've had the core up to 250 and it didn't increase my 3dmark any more than running it at 220.
Try the same with the memory.
I've found that the 'sweet spot' of my card is 225/510 as this gave better 3dmark scores. Was a lot of driver changes as well.Running 30.30's now but 29.42's do better.(too lazy to change back yet)

Yes, theyr'e beta.
Still fun to try them all.:)
A few of them don't work at all on my system.

I had that very same card & I couldn't get it higher then 200/460.

It could go higher very easilly ( especially since Hercules promoted the fact that the Ram modules were tested & garanteed to run at 500 ) but I kept having visual artefacts. I had white points all over the place.

I still tryed running 3DM2K1 & it's true the results above 200/460 weren't worth the risks.

I've had that card for a bit more then 8 months & it seems, as time passed, it like Overclocking even less. I started getting visual artefacts at 200/460 & even at stock speeds. I never had that when I first got the card. Be carefull, overclocking it too much can cause some permanent damage on the card.

They're covered with Ramsinks & thermal glue so I never took the time to take 'em off. I know they're 4 ns though.

4ns=250Mhz
Hercules GF3 ti200
Can't seem 2 find any mem chip specs (using GooGle).
ok...there were others but i lost the wav~~~~

But the mem chips r rated@250...doesn't always mean that they will. Comes down to the same principal , so it all depends on the quality of the goods.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back