Overclocked Pentium 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, FSB goes to 128 MHz with the original heatsink & fan. I just noticed that my waterpump doesn't work anymore.. I have to buy a new one. But then again, memory isn't the fastest around, it's supposed to be PC-133 but with CAS3.. :dead:
I guess 128x16 MHz will do for now :)

Your multiplier is only 16? can't you set it higher? The one on tomshardware was at 22 :eek: Or does it not run stable at speeds that high? Does your system board support RAMBUS? If so get it...i think you could crank it to 2.5 :D

Originally posted by Vehementi
Your multiplier is only 16? can't you set it higher? The one on tomshardware was at 22
No, I can't change it. 1.6 GHz CPU = 100 x 16, 2.2 GHz CPU = 100 x 22. My motherboard uses the slowest chipset for P4 (i845) so there's no RAMBUS.

Is there any L1 unlocking to be done with Pentium 4's? Forgive me, I'm not a big Intel fan, and I don't know much about their CPU's.
My old Pentium 3 couldn't go higher than 128 MHz too...hehehe, my Athlon XP goes up to 145 MHz, but I can only get a multiplier of 12...

memory

with all this P4 overclocking stuff all over the internet, somthing u dont read much about is memory bandwidth/ratio.

It's great to have a 2.4GHz chip, but these P4's require bandwidth. Example:
I have a p4b266/1.6p4/oczpc3000

Memory scores at 150MHZ bus are about 2200
Memory scores at 133MHZ bus & memory bus at 3:4 are about 2700

When trying to overclock these P4's beware of ram. You need to get RAM that can be overclocked, and it is more benificial for system performance to crank up the memory bus as high as possible, rather than clock speed

Originally posted by Federelli
Have u tried liquid nitrogen?
Too hard to get here and it would be too expensive. This computer runs 24/7, it would consume quite a lot of nitrogen :). Actually, now I've reduced overclocking to 1.8 GHz as it allows me to run the fan @ 7 volts, ie. much more silent.

or you could try fluorinert (tm) and submerge your pc into it, it's a non conductive liquid that acts as coolant and looks like gel

My Pentium 4 processor is at 1.8ghz. My friend with an Athlon XP wants to compete with me to see who can overclock his CPU the most. If I overclock I would probably overclock to... say... 2.0ghz (I scare my computer explode :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back