Nvidia Geforce2 64MB Core Clock 200MHz Mem Clock 167MHz
256mb RD RAM clock @ 400MHz
Vcore 1.75V

Overclocked
1648MHz
Nvidia Geforce2 64MB Core Clock 220MHz Mem Clock 175MHz
256mb RD RAM clock @ 412MHz
Vcore 1.77V

The after result is amazing ive notced a big difference, mostly due to the video card. I have a feeling these settings have to be increased in some sort of unison to be stable. The way i increased the CPU clock was through the bios same wit the Vcore. Main question is how much percentage increase can the videocard core clock go safely, and how does the mem clock for it have to be increased along wit the core, same increments? Whats really odd is i notced a drop in case temp and cpu temp after this:S, but the video card is for surely hotter than before.

what I do is turn it up 5 Mhz on both at a time and run 3DMark. If you see visual artifacts you have exceeded the memory and need to back it down by 1 Mhz increments. If the game crashes or the computer locks up you've exceeded the core setting and then go back down 5Mhz and bring it up by 1 Mhz increments. If you know your boards OC abilities from reviews, you can make bigger jumps right off the bat and get closer to a maximum. Take notes of settings and results as you go.

As you overclock you use more power and generate more heat. Temperature sensitive fans in the PS or CPU HSF may increase RPMs thereby venting or circulating more air, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back