Overclocking & 0x00000050 (e6600)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have recently attempted overclocking with my PC (specs below) and am now unable to use Windows, which comes up with the Blue Screen Error message 0x00000050 after about 30 seconds in Windows every time I start.

CPU E6600 @ 2.4ghz (cooled with Zalman cnps 9700)
Ram: 4 gigs @ 800mhz
Video card: gefore 8800
one 80 gb and one 320 gb harddrive @ 7200rpm.
Motherboard Gigabyte 965(p)-ds3

As I said before i recently dabbled in a small amount of overclcoking, I got up to 2.7ghz before giving up. Is it possible that this is the cause of the error? When overclocking I don't think i exceeded 60 degrees as measured by microsoft's DTS and everest420. When overclocking i only had 2 gb's of ram installed, i have tried taking these two out and swapping them with my others however this has not helped.

Does anyone have any particular advice on this? I have already checked as many forums as possible, and the Microsoft Website and am still unable to fix the problem.

your help is much appreciated.

0x00000050 is the PAGE_FLAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA error

It looks like it is a memory / mobo problem. Someone else, with the same problem, once put his memory back to 266Mhz. (instead of 333 or 400) and the problem was solved. Good luck.

have u tried to just oc the cpu just a little at a time or have u just boosted the the cpu speed to a higher ratio?

Have you oc'd the FSB as well as the chipspeed - it makes it difficult to see what is happening if you make more than one change at a time!
Best advice I can give is to reset it all back to default and make 1 small change at a time, and then run the machine for several hours to make sure it is stable and the new settings.

E6600

I have been running my E6600@3000mhz for over a year now stock cooling no probs I was running a ASUS P5N32-E SLI but I killed it this past winter a combination of wool socks on carpet and a metal power switch on my case one blue spark from the end of my finger and the power switch and motherboard were fried which I used as a good excuse to buy my current board ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA a sweet sweet sweet board

Attachments

• overclock.jpg
    overclock.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back