Overclocking 7950GT 512

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moimit

Has anyone else overclocked one of these yet? I've got mine up to 630/777 at the moment with the VF900-CU on it but i'd like to know where the top it. i'm almost at 7900Gtx speeds on both ram and gpu so i'm happy. only $380AU.

you won't know the limit of your card until you take it there yourself...just move the clock speeds up in small increments and test repeatedly for reliability.

What's the need to overclock it, it's fast enough, isn't it?

it is fast yeah but when it gets slow i want to know how far i can push it. 60fps is all i need. play oblivion and you'll know why i need a few extra fps

If you keep pushing that card for prolonged periods of time, especially during high intensity gameplay, you're going to fry it. The new Series 7 GForce chips are running high as it is set from the factory. I'm not saying you can't OC it, but I believe that card is already running at 565 mhz. I do know what you mean about Oblivion, it totally sucks the juice from the card.

Thanks, i squeezed a little more out of it since i posted and it seems to be running happy. 635/787 which is impressive. i'm not worried about frying the card because i'll probably get a new DX10 card after 6 months of introduction.

LOL MetalX :haha:

Can I have it too? :haha:

Be careful with the 7950's temp. They can get real hot during intense gaming.

Yeah i've read about people having a cry at temps, my old 6600gt used to get well above 60c and it still works like the day i bought it.

Steve if you're still interested in a few months i'll send it to you, what card and psu you got at the moment?

wolfram said:
LOL MetalX :haha:

Can I have it too? :haha:

Be careful with the 7950's temp. They can get real hot during intense gaming.
Yes... maybe he can cut it in half and then give it to us? I CALL THE SIDE WITH THE VIDEO OUTPUTS! (haha that means you get the one with the power input :))

Moimit said:
If you lived in Aus i'd send it to you.
What if I pay for the shipping? :)

MetalX said:
Yes... maybe he can cut it in half and then give it to us? I CALL THE SIDE WITH THE VIDEO OUTPUTS! (haha that means you get the one with the power input :))

Heh, but you won't be able to use the video outputs without power :haha:

I guess we'd better shut up :)

Alexch1990 said:
Can I Buy Your Card?

name a price and i might consider it. i've got no use for the card anymore and it is sitting on my shelf. are you australian? if so i could post it out as early as monday.

MetalX said:

What if I pay for the shipping? :)

When I upgrade to G80 u can buy mine for a small price, you live across the boarder from me I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back