Overclocking a Dell Dimension 9200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starless

Hello :)

I was curious to find out how to overclock a Dell because everywhere on the net it is said that it can't be done.

Well, i managed to do it! Yes you read that correct, it can be done :)

So if you are interested, visit my page about it at http://www.starless.nl/overclock

Thanks Starless, I followed the instruction on
http://www.starless.nl/overclock

I have a Dimentions 9200 + Quad Core Q6600 w Vista Ultimate.
Didnt want to push it too far but running with FSB set to 300Mhz, thats makes my Q6600 running from 2.4 to 2.7Mhz (no hardware mod)

I tried upping to 312Mhz and system hanged so I am happy with 300 :) Everything seems snappier with the increase FSB. woohoo.

Hi all,

Im currently trying to overclock my dell (might as well try!).

Ive crept it up to 12301 3d mark 06 now with q6600 @ 2.7ghz, 8800 gtx @ 607mhz core and 986mhz memory bus.

Anything else I can change apart from trying to creep the speeds up some more?

Extreme care should be taken when overclocking.

Dell cooling systems are not designed for it.

Overclocking produces a fair bit of extra heat.

Be warned!!

I have a Dell and I'm tempted to go for a bit of overclocking my dells about 2 years old and after my RAM upgrade, I'm tempted to go for the overclock on my processor always been taught that you shouldnt push a processor beyond what its ment to do becuase overclocking is the devil and overclocking dells is stupid.... but! its a 3.4ghz intel pentium 4 with HT... worth bothering?

PS - sorry to hijack the thread.

wAW
What a new....
Ok i tryed to do it but Clock gen does not work for me i can not see the value on the Pll setup. may is it Mobo issue ???

Mobo Dell 0YU822 chipset nforce 680 SLI

XPS 720, XP 32b, q6600, 4 GB ddr2 800mhz, mobo nforce 680sli, SLI 8800 GTX SLI 169.21, creative Xfi xtreM Music

@=RvE=Paploo

ClockGen should at least be able to read the values of your PLL. In the 'PLL Setup' window select 'not specified' from the drop-list, then click on 'Read Clocks', make a screenshot of that window and send it to my username at zonnet.nl
Maybe i can figure out what PLL you got and if it's suitable for overclocking with ClockGen (version 1.0.5.3) or not.

In your screenshot of that PLL Setup window i see 'NVIDIA C55' selected (which is not listed in my, same version, of ClockGen by the way)..which is a NVIDIA C55 chipset motherboard. Will have to look for the PLL on that mobo.

Did you try Systool v1.0 build 730 yet? You can select 'CPU Overclocking' on the left and there's a nForce C55 in the clock generator dropdown list

Systool does not work,it can not read my mobo...
i finally OC my q6600 with clockgen and i can go to 2.76 GHZ. it run well and i did 15115 mark06. cool :) above this freq it crashed. i think i have to change the ratio for raam, right now i m 9x fsb and raam ratio is 2/3 if i can put1/1 or 5/6 i can increase freq. but i dont find where to set it on bios :( i think it is locked.

lol, i should yes but i think it really interresting to work on this kinda stuff,dat why i still working on it ;)
ill send to ya my ntune, i see i can change latency but i dont found where to change those ratio, do ya know where i have to

my.php

it is what i ve got

Doesn't that particular motherboard automatically underclock the system depending on temperature and activity anyway? Just seems that overclocking will just trigger it to reduce the clock speed.... Maybe.

i've got another problem:
i also have a dell dimension 9200 and i followed the instructions on starless' homepage
and i was able to set a new clock-speed, confirmed by EVEREST.
BUT after every reboot the old clock-speed is there, although i checked
"apply current settings on startup".
can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back