Overclocking a dell model 4700

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im nick and i need help with overclocking my cpu

i have a dell pentium 4 processer 3.00ghz front side buss is 800mhz.

I have absolutly no clue on how to overclock my cpu. So by the love of God please respond and help me do this from very basic step by step procedures and if u need more info ill get it to u.

I am aware of the risks involved and willing to still overclock.

thank you if u help me

You can over-clock your motherboard using software without buying new stuff. You will have to know what chip-set you have, so you can download the proper software, but that will not be much of a problem if you look-up your motherboard manual. Sometimes buying a new motherboard also means buying a new case because the new motherboard will not fit in the old case. If the motherboard does fit in the old case you'll probably have to buy a crimping tool and some new header sockets (err what ever they'er called) because the new motherboards case header pins will probably be different than the new motherboards case header pins and will not fix on the case socket.

Normally software overclocking is possible, if not entirely reliable. But that is not so on Dell computers. Actually, computers from any OEM except certain XPS models from Dell and certain gaming/overclocking models from Gateway, cannot be overclocked.

You will need to buy a new motherboard, which will require you to get ahold of another Windows disc, because you will have to reinstall your operating system after changing motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back