Overclocking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMMY

Hello, I just bought a used computer from my friend.
P4 2.8 HT
ABIT IS7-E
ATI 9600 pro
ect ect.

Anywho, I was just kinda wanting to overclock a little bit. I downloaded a DOOM3 beta and I get horrible fps on it, like around 10-35. Well can anyone refer and good overclocking programs and give some good advice on overclocking?

Originally posted by TIMMY
I scored 2772 on 3dmark03 that i just downloaded, is that good?

Looks not that much to me.

I have 5800 with a 9800 Pro / Athlon XP 2400+.

What id it you want to overclock ? Your VGA card or the CPU ?

For the video card, it's no harder then installing the Radeon Tweaker & raising the core/mem speeds by small bumps (5MHz at a time) & testing the card with different games to see if it's still stable.

As for comparing your system, I believe it's much easier to do it with the online database at Futuremark. You'll probably find people with systems similar to yours & you can see how they score.

Thats a decent score indeed for 3DMark 03!

Also, thats Doom3 BETA, it has no driver optimizations,etc. The real final Doom3 will run MUCH better. You have a really good PC, I wouldnt worry about OCing just for the beta version, the final should run great.

You really think thats a good score?
I think with all my stuff I should be able to put out a lot more, cause one of my friends has an amd 2100+ with an ati 9600 xt (not overclocked) and he's into the 5000's :\

Hmm... first of all I would not worry about the Doom III as the problems most certainly lie within the BETA of the program. Second, IMO you should be getting a little more out of your hardware.

I run a P4 3.0 GHz, ATI 9800XT, 2GB RAM, and i am getting 6100s. I do not think i should be doubling your scores, as your hardware is not far behind mine.

Originally posted by TIMMY
You really think thats a good score?
I think with all my stuff I should be able to put out a lot more, cause one of my friends has an amd 2100+ with an ati 9600 xt (not overclocked) and he's into the 5000's :\
Is his processor overclocked?
Have you seen this score on screen.
Because my 2100+ and 9800 non=pro only got ~5000 3dmark03 on an Abit NF7-S v2.0 motherboard and that was with the 2100+ running at 2Ghz 333fsb. The 9800 running at Pro speeds with an A64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz only got ~6000 3dmark03. I'm not calling your friend a liar but I think there is some confusion about his score somewhere along the way.

Hello there... Can someone help me? I just want to know how to oc my computer?

Specs:
Amd athlon 64 3000+
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
1 gig memory
Ati Radeon x550 256 mb ddr2

There's so many ways to oc computer and i am very confused.
Thanks a lot.....

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

As far as ocing your system goes. Please be aware that it will void any warranty you may have.

My personal opinion is, don`t do it, but if you insist lol.

Go HERE and download the ATI overclocking tool. This will allow you to oc your graphics card.

Then go HERE for an explanation on ocing AMD 64`s.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Questions about Overclocking

I'm Jason and I would like to learn about Processor Overclocking, Here are specs from my computer:

Mainboard Manufacturer MSI
Mainboard Model Name MS-6738
Mainboard BIOS Vendor Phoenix-Award
Mainboard BIOS Version 1.30
Software spec's
OS Windows XP service pack 2
Version 2002
processor AMD Duron(tm)
processor speed 1.30GHz
Ram 384MB RAM

I'm very new to this, but I would like to learn, Just to be able to say that I'm able to do it, well thanks for any advice,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back