Overclocking Disabled In Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i heres my PC:
GEforce 7950GT, 2GB ddr2PC4200 ram, Core 2 Duo e6300, AND my mobo is an ASUSTek P965/G965 and my BIOS IS a Pheonix Technologies.
Okay well FIRSt off this is An HP computer that i added ram too and a better Video card, i want to overclock my cpu but when i go into BIOS the part to overclock is in gray and i cant select it PLease help me i have no idea what to do, i am fairly good with computers though and if you help me im sure i can figure it out, unless the BIOS is LOCKED :(, you can also email me at

*email removed*

thx mac

I highly doubt you will be able to. Companies like hp and dell lock these so that they won't keep getting calls from people who screwed up their pc trying to OC it.

i have an idea

thx for posting to my thread but now that we have determined that its HP that is doing it and im 99% your right cause my old HP is the same way, do you think if i got a new MOBO (nforce 590 SLI, its compatible with everything i got i just have to make sure i get socket 775LGA) that i would be able to overclock through BIOS or is it somethat has been put on the HArd DRive to prevent me, plz post thx

or maybe this

if not that, is there any software that is free that you can reccomend that would work with my MOBO the way it is currently configured so i could overclock my core 2 without having to use BIOS,

PS:clockgen didnt support my MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back