Overclocking/Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrassil

I'm new to the site here and i apologize if i ask this in the wrong forum. Lately though my computer has been freezing after the monitor turns off and when i come back afterwhile the monitor is back on except frozen on a black screen.

If its not that then the comp likes to restart a lot back to where you log in at "users"

I didn't know if overclocking had anything to do with this and i've rebooted my computer completely just a few weeks ago and wiped it clean so i don't know what's causing this. I've attached the two minidump files that it recorded if that helps anyone come up with any ideas to help me out that would be muchly appreciated.

Did you in fact overclock it? Did you do it through the multiplier in the bios or through software? If this is the case, it seems that you have overclocked it above a safe, stable limit.

Suspect the power supply or graphics card, or incorrect driver for the graphics card, and sometimes the incorrect graphics card for that particular motherboard. If it is a cheap Korean monitor such as KDS or Envision or no name brand, then try another monitor to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back