Overclocking Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well that still doesn't tell me what type of cooling he uses =P
reason i ask is because that's how i want my next setup to be

nm, I hate aol, it hid the window and just showed the wcpuid image again, sorry. i can see his sepcs now

I'm using a Thermalright SP94 in a Thermaltake XaserII 5000A (5 fans) case. It's pretty quiet because I use a Vantec Nexus and have them turned down all the time :D The fan on the top of the SP94 is the one from my old Volcano 9, a Tt Smart Case Fan II or something like that. It can really push some air if I want it too :)

I hope I have the same success on my 2.6C. I Just bought a ZallmanCNPS7000A-AICu and will be popping it on in a couple of days.

Great job getting to 3.4:grinthumb

Very nice OC Vehementi. It's a great feeling to get a nice OC like that isn't it?

Just FYI, there should be more headroom for you, depending on your mobo and ram. (sorry, couldn't seem to find your specs)
I've had mine running stable at 270fsb @ 13x which = 2.6c. You just have to play a bit with the memory timings to get the right combination. This is what I got...

Attachments

• cpu-z 1.jpg
    cpu-z 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 18
Originally posted by PreservedSwine
I hope I have the same success on my 2.6C. I Just bought a ZallmanCNPS7000A-AICu and will be popping it on in a couple of days.

Great job getting to 3.4:grinthumb

Same here...exact same CPU and fan I will be buying, I hope I can hop it up a notch. ;)

Hey Vehementi have you ran any cpu intensive games while ur cpu was overclocked at the 3.1 or 3.4. I have my xp1500 overclocked to a 1700 and it runs fine almost all the time, but i notice when play enclave that the game will sometimes crash, not the whole computer just the game.

:) At least I know I got the right memory

Right now I'm running at DDR500 (2x250) and I got my timings down to 2.5-3-4-6 instead of the SPD of 3-4-4-8 :D

Ended up that the 3.4G OC wasn't exactly as stable as I thought. But at least I know I got there. Right now I'm running at a nice 250MHz FSB, which makes everything all rounded off and nice - DDR speed is 500MHz (which is what the memory is rated for), I get some pretty sick timings, FSB is 1GHz, clock speed is 3.25GHz, everything just comes out to be a nice number. I'll probably keep it this way.

PCMark 2002 scores - CPU, 7984; Memory, 10,008; HDD, 13,498.

Vassil I was an AMD guy - but I had my fun with them and now I'm trying an Intel. Maybe I should've gotten an Athlon 64 3000+ though...I dunno. I think I made the right choice. I'll wait until 64 bit matures before I go that route.

I have a rig for OC experimenting and I managed to OC a 2.6c to 3.6G but more instable than Tjernobyl...
The above values 3.25 with 250 FSB and mem at 1:1 (3-4-4-8) is the absolute maximum for me. Guess it's the limit of the CPU chip.

I've also tried out a 3.2c and managed to get it stable (3DMark5) at 3.5G...

I have read abou peep getting their 2.6c to 3.5+ and even 4(!) but no notion about stability. For me the system must pass the 3DMark5 test...

no thrills rig...
p4p800 E Dlx, no v-mods (soldering on chips not my forte...)
crucial 2GB 2-3-3-6
hdd samsung 120G sata

Would a OZC memory booster help?
Will ASUS come out with multiplier unlocking for Northwoods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back