overclocking the 7800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchVile

oaky i know that my xfx card comes factory overclocked, but its apparently got good leyway in overclocking even higher. what program should i use for overclocking this card?

There are numerous programs to overclock with. Coolbits, Rivatuner, ATI Tools (can use with nVIDIA card too) are a few out there on the Internet.

To simplify, never overclock more than 5-10MHz at a time. Say you have 400/1100. Overclock to 410/1110 and benchmark to test. Two ways to test stability and make sure there's no tears or screen doing funny things: 1) Play a game of your choosing (preferably high-stressing games like Quake 4 or something). 2) Benchmark softwares like 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, 3DMark05, 3DMark06 are really good at stressing your video card to the max.

Rinse and repeat. When you're satisfied with your final core/memory, run 3DMark (05 or 06) a couple of times; if the computer didn't freeze and go crazy, you're pretty much set.

Wow! That card isn't fast enough for you??? I'll never understand why people want to kill the lifespan of a card so sweet (unless you've got $ to burn).
Alot of us would sell a lung to have one of those bad boys! Oh well, to each his (her) own I guess... :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back