Overlay mode problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this problem for ages. Tried everything and looked everywhere with no luck. I use media player classic with ffdshow for playback. Whenever I try "overlay mixer" mode; the player freezes up when I try to playback a file. but using vmr mode works fine.

There seems to be a problem with the overlay mixer on my system. If I try to use windows media player the video plays fine but in grayscale.

of course I tried uninstalling the drivers, booting in safemode and cleaning the system up with driver cleaner pro, then installing the drivers again, but with no luck. I also tried several different drivers, also with no luck.

I think it's a directx problem, because when I tried to lower "hardware acceleration" to disable all directdraw and direct3d accelerations, the video worked fine in overlay mode.

I tried installing the latest directx (aug 2007) but the problem remains the same. I wonder if there's a way to uninstall and reinstall directx. Then again it might be just a simple setting in the registry to fix all this.

I'm running xp sp2 with a geforce 7600GS card.

I'd really appreciate your help on this one guys. Thanks.

Are you running Media Player 11? Are you up to date using Windows Update with all the critical updates?

The default setting on Media Player Classic should be changed. I had to change it to match my system otherwise I can't use the overlay as it had cause jitter effect like strobbing. I had solved that using directx... and few other settings..

I can view videos fine using vmr mode in media player classic, but I want to use the overlay mode.

should I uninstall and reinstall directx? anyone tried that before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back