Ozzy Osbourne invited to White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have one question....one word....

Why

Ok, two questions.....

What is G.W. 's motive for inviting him ?? I like Ozzy too but to be invited to the white house ?? I just don't get it ??

"The Osbournes" Rule Cable
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,9766,00.html
by Mark Armstrong Apr 5, 2002, 4:20 PM PT
Ozzy Osbourne, the pioneering, bat-beheading god of heavy metal sprawled out on the floor after accidentally tumbling from a director's chair. This, during the latest hilarious episode of MTV's smash reality hit The Osbournes.

Not since the days of Chevy Chase or perhaps even **** Van ****, has an on-screen pratfall resonated so strongly with American TV viewers. And this one wasn't even scripted.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
What is G.W. 's motive for inviting him
Reading the article;
Family Values
Viewers see Osbourne giving his children advice on sex, drink and drugs - He has battled drink and drug addictions-

The TV show follows the real-life family sagas of Osbourne, 53, his wife and manager Sharon and their children Kelly, 17, and Jack, 16, have all been filmed going about their daily lives in their Beverly Hills home.

The Osbournes has become music channel MTV's biggest ever hit in the US, with more than three million viewers and President Bush is said to be a huge fan.

"Dubba" is about the same age, & he has been most candid about giving up drinking when it effected his life. I'm sure he must have listened to Black Sabbath back in his college days. What better example of what drugs & alcohol can to a person than looking @ Oz, or maybe Keith Richards who looks about 110.

Originally posted by uncleel

Reading the article;

"Dubba" is about the same age, & he has been most candid about giving up drinking when it effected his life. I'm sure he must have listened to Black Sabbath back in his college days. What better example of what drugs & alcohol can to a person than looking @ Oz, or maybe Keith Richards who looks about 110.

I guess he is stanging up for a good cause then. I have to check the listings and try to catch an episode. It reminds me of former Oakland Raiders Lyle Alzatoe (sp?). He was a steroid abuser when he played football and finally kicked the habbit. Unfourtunately he died from it. He did a public service commercial that was only aired after his death. Very scary but really drove home his message.

I think rather than the same old "Do as I say, not as I do" Don't do drugs commercial, Oz can say, "Been there, done that, bit the head off a bat."

He might be crazy, but his show on MTV is freaking hilarious. Never in my life have I seen such a disfunctional yet somehow functional family in my life!!! Long live Ozzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back