P2p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripken204

not too sure where to put this so im guna put it here,
i was wondering what the laws were on p2p, i know a few years ago they were debating it but i have heard nothing about it recently, is it legal or not?

they are still suing and shutting down sites. so unless you want a cease and desist letter from your isp, id be careful

from what i get out of the whole thing is, its legal to download(or atleast thats not what they are concentrating on) its the uploading that gets u in trouble. depending on how intent you are to do it, there are programs out there(such as protowall) (not that im condoning p2p) to block anti p2p companies

There is nothing illegal about p2p. It's just a tool like a VCR or a semi-automatic rifle or a half-brick. What you do with it is up to you and it is only your actions that are criminal.

It is perfectly legal to dowload things off p2p that are legal to download. Feel free to use p2p software to get Linux CD images or shareware or anything else that you have the right to distribute and copy.

Nodsu said:
It is perfectly legal to dowload things off p2p that are legal to download. Feel free to use p2p software to get Linux CD images or shareware or anything else that you have the right to distribute and copy.

sngx1275 said:
Its legal for non copyrighted material.

My reply was the first response to this thread... :suspiciou :confused:

I read your post. It was a great one. I just wasnt sure If the thread was referring to copyrighted or non-copyrighted material. Atleast now all the bases are covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back