P4 gettin Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I´m kinda a new person !I´ve been playin with my pc for a while tryín to get the noise down and keep it cool .
Replaced Intel leaf blower with zalman Cnps 7000b cu .
CPU P4 3.0 Prescott
MoBo is Msi Pt880 (7001)
Thermal Paste "Artic Silver 5"
plus two thermaltake case fans 80 and 90mm

Sounds Good but the other day Everst Home started showing temps in the 85°c range really hot!! Scary HOT, but pc ran ok!!! Turned it off let it sit over night next day played on internet 4 a bit and temps started jumping again.

Reinstalled cpu fan running ok but not at ambient temp 38°C
Any Idea´s
Thanks Worthless

I would first validate those temps (for accuracy) via the BIOS. The temps in there should be the most accurate.

Doin Better

Thanks Spade
Was thinkin I was gettin a false readying: On start up bios usually reads between 40 and 45 ° c still warm but after lookin at some other pages I guess Prescott´s run warm .
Thinkin bout switchin to WATER instead of new agp!!!!!!!!!!

Just being Worthless
:hotbounce

Yea a 40 or 45 degree rating is much better. (altough i have a 3.0Prescott and keep it around 36.) Water would be a nifty thing, but i have no expericence with it. I just dont like the idea of water inside of a PC.

AtK SpAdE said:
Yea a 40 or 45 degree rating is much better. (altough i have a 3.0Prescott and keep it around 36.) Water would be a nifty thing, but i have no expericence with it. I just dont like the idea of water inside of a PC.

Water is not conductive. You can also add other chemicals to the water to prevent it from becoming conductive due to contamination. In my experience, a fan in an air cooled system is more likely to fail than a water cooling system springing a leak.

Ok soul you have convinced me. I am actually thinking about getting water cooling, and maybe doing a little ocing. I have a p4 tho (plz dont yell at me) and the thought of playing the fsb game makes me get pissed already. anyways, do you have a brand that you could recomend?

Sean

cpu temp

i just want to say that on a cpu if it got to 85c then that means it got to 185F and that means theres no more cpu so i would check to see if it your program is working ok. Try the bios as someone else said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back