P4 ht psb speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, what is the constant fsb speed of the p4 ht. I know that its upto 800 mhz, but is this at all times. I was under the impression that it was not. This is needed to solve a friendly debate.

I think the time it goes down is when you are referring to a P4 in a laptop, because of power managment I think the cpu is throttled down....Not positive though...

The FSB is stable, though, just because its a HT capable CPU it doesn't mean it is 800MHz, there is a 3.06GHz that's 533MHz :p which is HT capable :) but ya...it's 800MHz, though, vassil3427 maybe right about the notebooks :}

BrownPaper, man thanx. Thats exactly what I was thinking. I was telling a co-worker that Intel used quad-pumping in their processors, esp the HT's. Thanx again.
BTW: I work at Best Buy, and we just got our first AMD64 equiped machine in a few days ago, and guess what its in. An E-MACHINE!!! That company is coming up big time.

your welcome. no problem. wow an e-machine with an amd64! i hope the rest of the components are as good with that computer. you can make such a pimpin' rig with an amd64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back