P4 Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I would like to purchase a Pentium 4 533-BUS motherboard and would just like your input on which one is the BEST! I'm looking at the Asus P4B533EL. What do you think?

Thanks.

I'm currently taking a look to the Abit IT7 MAX, that's a fairly new 533MHz FSB P4 mobo featuring abit's new legacy-free concept. I just got it a few days ago and it's too soon for me to tell this is the best you can get however if you are planning on building a very feature rich machine and money isn't your #1 concern; you can couple the mobo with their Media XP package, pretty neat IMO.

For reviewers it's not all that cool because we tend to change peripherals all the time but for the average end user keeping their mobo for a while it seems to be worth the buy.

For a good round up idea of the P4 mobo picture, see:
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1672
(no SiS, VIA, etc mobos there though, just intel).

Thanks for the reply....money isn't really an option when it comes to buying myself a motherboard...I'm pretty much looking for the fastest and most featured one... ;)

All ASUS boards are excellent, IMHO. the Abit xT7 series is also worth looking at, they seem very good. Otherwise, I don't know much about P4 boards, because I'm just not a P4 kinda guy :D

The Abit boards are decked out in options, BTW. Like 6 channels of RAID, onboard Ethernet, sound, Firewire...the list goes on :D :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back