P4S800D-E Deluxe : AI overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciple

Wasn't sure whether to put this in overclocking or here, but due to it being in the bios, i put it here.

I have a P4 2.66 socket 478
The AI overclocking in advanced (Jumpset); i've set it to 10% and it reads as 2.94gig in My System. The thing is, there seems to be no increase, if anything less, speed in benchmarks. There is no increase in temps either. Am i missing something or am i not doing something right. My Bios is updated.

Maybe there is a bug in the bios version you are using, try updating it. Also are you sure that your motherboard does the overclocking for you. Try manualy overclocking.

Overclocking inquiries belong in the Cooling and Modding forum, for future reference.

Anyways, there might be other things bottlenecking your performance. RAM, for one. Although you may try what the above suggested and do a manual overclock(please read up first, don't try it off the bat), as 10% isn't much of an overclock and will yield little to no result.

riekmaharg2 said:
Maybe there is a bug in the bios version you are using, try updating it. Also are you sure that your motherboard does the overclocking for you. Try manualy overclocking.

My bios is up to date. The AI overclocking is there purely for that purpose.

i_am_a_newbie said:
Overclocking inquiries belong in the Cooling and Modding forum, for future reference.

Anyways, there might be other things bottlenecking your performance. RAM, for one. Although you may try what the above suggested and do a manual overclock(please read up first, don't try it off the bat), as 10% isn't much of an overclock and will yield little to no result.

I have 2.5 gig of Ram; as for reading up, this is why i came here as there is nothing really in the manual or the website that i don't know. I was hoping that someone with the same motherboard could enlighten me further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back