Packets by the millions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a nice little problem with my network connection. Every time i connect packet start flying in and out by the millions. If i have the computer connected an hour i'll send out like 5 million packets and receive atleast 10 million.

I've ran Kaspersky, Spybot, and neither found anything.

Can anyone help me please?

Do you believe it's a malware problem? If so, do the following.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of KyKKz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

get this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html and run under an Admin account.

it will show ALL applications (and services), the ip address and ports for all connections.

click Remote Address title bar twice and the list will be ordered from the top
by the target system.

127.0.0.1 addresses are services on YOUR machine and can be ignored.

btw: you are running a firewall ?!?

So christmas has passed and i've completed the scans. Here are the logs.

diorebthejuvey.com.sapo.pt/AVGAS.txt (AVG Report -Too big for the forum to handle)

BTW, Panda Anti-Rootkit found nothing.

What about if you zip the log, how big is it then?

Tried your link and couldnt download your log.

I really need to see that log before the cleaning process can begin.

This thread is for the use of KyKKz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

That is huge. Im assuming you had no malware protection before now?

I think im correct in assuming that "Nenhuma ação executada" means no action taken.

All those threats need to be deleted. You obviously missed my pictorial guide that has a link to it within the instructions. Here it is - https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=387464#post387464

Once you have done that I will need a fresh copy of all logs.

these are just Tracking Cookies and easily deleted in your browser.

they pose no threats to you and should not be related to your report of hi network traffic, unless they are all being retrieved all the time.

just go delete all cookies :)

Yeah, but what about my real problem, if those cookies don't pose any threat does anyone know what's the problem?

install Cports shown in post #3 and determine what ipaddress/port is being accessed.

We don't have any crystal balls and you need to provide more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back