page fault in nonpaged area

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer has had the bsod come up 6 times now within the last few hours. i am trying to figure out what is wrong with it. the first time the blue screen came up was while i was on the internet, just at a random time. the next was when i tried to open one of my files. then it would basically come out of no where. i cannot figure out what is wrong. my computer is a windows xp. i have had this problem before, but it only happened a few times and it stopped. its been 4 months, i think. any help is appreciated

if you suspect security issues, run your anti-virus and several anti-trojan programs.

zip up your last 3-4 minidumps as an attachment here for analysis.

Shawana, can you be more specific about what the error message relating to "Uspecified security flaw" is? That may give a large hint as to what has caused this.

The type of blue screen you are getting often, but not always, points to bad RAM. If you have spyware (as your security error seems to point to) that can cause it as well.

Do you have any anti-virus or antispyware programs? If so, have you run them and did they find anything?

Also, have you tried running memtest86+? You can download a free copy from http://www.memtest.org/ If you get any errors, it points towards bad ram.

Let us know about this, and hopefully we'll be able to help you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back