Page_fault_in_non_paged_area, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoho5000

Ok, I have a compaq 6300 US with 1.4ghz celeron processor, 256 mb ram, 40gb WD hd, and a geforce 4 mx4000 pci video card. A couple of days ago, when I tried to turn on the computer, it started to load windows, but i got a blue screen and the computer restarted suddenly. It kept looping like that until I turned it off. I tried the recovery discs that came with the computer, but when setup is done loading, I get the same blue screen, only this time, the computer doesn't restart by itself. The screen says:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x50

I don't know how to fix this. I tried reseating memory, but that didn't help. It would be nice to do so without reformating the hard drive. Any help would be appreciated.

first of all try reseating pci cards too

it says ntfs.sys so that ur file system might be damaged.

i suggest u to run chkdsk under repair console

There is a number of things that can be going on here I would try the Ram

Try one stick at a time one of them may be bad or if you have a friend with the same type to try his

See what the Cmos is set at to shout down the computer when the CPU it so hot amd see if it is over heating

But i did have the same kind of issue with a computer befor and it was an issue with the RAM :knock:

I already tried with different RAM combinations, and the cpu's not overheating. I would run chkdsk, but it won't read the drive from the ME boot disk. It won't let me run recovery either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back