PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA at Windows startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelleTM

I keep getting this error whenever I start windows. It started today. I had some problems with another blue screen when trying to start a game of BF2 (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), and removed Norton Antivirus to solve that problem - and it did. Maybe connected somehow? I installed AVG instead.

When I had the other problem I took out each ram-stick one by one and tried to start a game of BF2 with each one of them, and all gave the error. So I assume there is nothing wrong with the RAM-sticks? As the BF2-error was solved by removing Norton.

But I did a search for this error too and some posts said it could be due to faulty RAM. So should I sent this computer in for service or something? I added some minidumps if anyone can help out please. I don't have a floppy disc drive or any CD:s to burn so I can't do the memtest thing.

I'm running the computer now from the failsafe mode (F8).

If you want to look at the other issue with BF2 there's a thread in the Games forum with minidumps also.

Thanks for any help! :wave: :angel:

All your minidumps crash at ntkrpamp.exe. This is the Windows nt & kernel system file. They also reference avgamsvr.exe as the owning process. This is the AVG Alert Manager. They all have a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

I advised you yesterday to check your system for anything nasty. I gave you a link to some instructions to follow. Did you do that?

https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47995

You should also go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive/page file.

Regards Howard :)

How do I update a device driver? :p I did a full scan with AVG yesterday and it didn't show anything, the page you link it says it will take 8 days to complete a scan :/

Is it AVG:s fault that it crashes? I am a newbie to this.

Thanks

the page you link it says it will take 8 days to complete a scan :/

I have no idea what you mean, can you please explain?

It could be a problem with AVG. Maybe uninstall and reinstall.

The link I gave you yesterday, contains specific instructions for getting rid of anything nasty on your system. Some infections will cause your system and antivirus programme to crash. That`s why it`s important to make absolutely sure your system isn`t infected by anything.

If it turns out that your system is free from infection. Then the next stage is to test the ram/hard drive/page file etc.

We need to find out why your system is crashing. This involves a process of elimination.

You can update a device driver, by going to the device manufacturers website and looking to see if there are any newer drivers for that particular device.

There's some timer on the left hand side that displays time, maybe time left I don't know, it says about 8 days :O **nvm actually it went down to some hours now.

Thanks for the tips, i'll let it run through then do all the other things.

I did a full scan with all those things, HJT and that but it didn't resolve the problem. I'm going to see if I can just send this thing back to Dell and have them fix it :p Takes too much time to do all this, urk! But thanks for the help.

Computer vs Me 1-0 :blackeye:

Just wondering, is there any possibility of a device driver just going bad spontaneously. Or does "bad" mean being outdated? Also which devices can cause this? Should I check them all? I did a search on dell for updated drivers for stuff but I can't download anything from their FTP for some reason.

PelleTM said:
Just wondering, is there any possibility of a device driver just going bad spontaneously. Or does "bad" mean being outdated?

Yes a driver can easily become corrupted. I`m not saying, this is what`s happened in your case, but it might have.

I uninstalled the fire wall and then it worked. Could it have been just the fire wall or is it something else? I downloaded a program to check what BIOS I had (or something like that) and it gave a TVICHW Driver error. So I googled that and found a post with the same problem and he had just uninstalled the fire wall and then it worked. :p These problems seem just completely random. :unch:

Though now I'm worried about installing a fire wall, of course. I want one. Could it have been some conflict between windows fire wall and Outpost? Does Outpost automatically turn off windows fire wall? I'm just clueless.

Does this mean I don't have any hardware damage for sure?

**Edit** I tried to reinstall Outpost and it crashes the computer like before. It tells me to restart once after install. Then after reboot it downloads updates and tells me to reboot again. After that the crashes start.

**Edit** Got another BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when trying to load BF2. Urk. Disabled AVG and then it worked. Seems my computer has something against fire walls and antivirus programs.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Then post a HJT log as an attachment. I`ll then look at it to see if you have anything nasty on your system.

It seems strange that your computer is crashing at your antivirus/firewall programme. You could try using a different antivirus/firewall programme and see if that makes any difference.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel. Uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MSN Apps

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type regsvr32 /u C:\Program\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll into the run box and press the enter key.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Länkar

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll

Fix all 016-DPF entries.

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B2B955C2-7997-4A66-B844-325F644D1C53}: NameServer = 193.11.224.20,193.11.224.21 Only fix this, if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\Program\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold file(if there).

C:\Program\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back