Panda Antivirus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second I install panda av 2007, the computer can no longer connect to the internet. As soon as I uninstall panda the internet connection is functional again. In contacting panda they don't dont seem to get the whole, NO INTERNET thing and keep offering sugestions about downloading updates. I suspect a conflict with my router settings, but I don't know specifically what it would be, or how to fix it.

Any ideas?

well i also find your problem difficult,but first i think it could be having a firewall in built.does it give any errors,if yes wat are the errors?however there is no need of sticking on Panda u can try others like NOD32,KASPERSKY,MCAFFEE.personally i find Panda a bunch of useless but a slower software.Wish u luck.R

panda problem

Unfortunatly I cannot switch virus software, since I bought panda (after reading lots of reviews, mind you) for all 6 of my public access computer (PAC) at the library.

I did try changing firewall settings, all I am using in Win WP firewall since all the computers are PACs and I don't have any security concerns.

Panda doesn't display any error messages upon installation except when you try to update, since it can't get to the net.

Any ideas?

with the system fully installed and your Panda running;
use run->cmd /k ipconfig /all

now
  1. ping 127.0.0.1
  2. ping the gateway shown from the ipconfig
  3. ping the dns shown from ipconfig
ALL should give times and none should timeout.

next try nslookup www.google.com
what happens?

also review your Panda Log when you get to this point

I am trying to get rid of Panda off my machine. It was taking over too many things and preventing me from doing what I was wanting to do. Uninstall however failed and now nothing is working the way it should. I for one will be doing what I can to make sure my friends don't use Panda.

Heck, since the uninstall failed, all the stuff is in Spanish when I click on their icon in the tray. Makes it that much harder to work with.

Panda does have a way to turn off the firewall. You would open the window and a fire wall on off shows (left click the panda head in the tool bar) This is how I have shut the one off at work. Good luck.

I have run into this several times with panda. They have sent me this link to reset the winsock. this is for xp users only. hope this helps

I will post it in my 3rd post.

here it comes lol sorry.

http://us.pandasecurity.com/techsupport/templates/winsockfix.htm

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.)

Warning: Please do not use the reply function to you own post unless you are bumping a thread. It is against the forum guidelines to keep reposting especially when there is no reply by anyone else in between you replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back