Partition magic 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the partition magic 8.0 isn't able to resize disks on a windows 2003 server?
Do I need the pro version?

If yes ... someone knows how to buy just one license? I need it for my own personal use, and Symantec said me that I need to buy at least 10 license. What do I need to do with 10 license? Re-sell them?

Andrea

The server version of Partition Magic is called Powerquest Volume Manager. Since Symantec gobbled up Powerquest, see of you can find the 2.0 version of Volume Manager (last version before the buyout) somewhere like eBay. It works quite well if you can find it.

realblackstuff said:
The Evil Bloater Symantec strikes again!

Actually the original PowerQuest PMs had the server block too..
For our servers I use Partition Commander that came on a PC Format CD :p

Thanks to all ... but in your honest opinion ... which is the best?

I read the characteristcs, the comparison table. But seem all does the same things. But certainly someone can do better than other, and this can only knew by people who had used someone of them in the past.

Andrea

I am using pre-Symantec versions of Partition Magic 7 and 8, they work great.
I have neither Windows 2003 Server, nor Acronis programs, but the general consensus is very much in favour of Acronis, rather than PM.
If I would ever have the need for a new(er) partitioning tool, I would have no hesitation to use Acronis.

Make a backup/image of your HD first, then use the tool of your choice.
If you are not sure, just buy another harddisk.

Acronis product's looks good. But I don't like their commercial policy. You need to buy the product in a single fashion, and not bundled (at least the bundle I want it doesn't exists). :knock:

Why the partition magic 8.0 isn't able to resize disks on a windows 2003 server?
Do I need the pro version?

If yes ... someone knows how to buy just one license? I need it for my own personal use, and Symantec said me that I need to buy at least 10 license. What do I need to do with 10 license? Re-sell them?

Andrea

You are right, Partition Magic 8.0 can not support Windows 2003 Server, it has stopped from upgrading. So you have to choose another partition management software.

There is one, which I used recently since it is free. EASEUS Partition Manager, but this edition can not support windows server, you should try EASEUS Partition Manager Server Edition, this one can solve your problem.

Hi rancelan

This thread began in 04-09-2005, 02:40 AM

I'd say a lot has changed, best to create new threads in future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back