passwording a screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

right ikno this is a daft question an sounds simple but its not lol i want it so hen someone trys to get my computer off my screensaver it asks for a password. i remember having no problems with this on win 98 but it aint workin with xp, i currently have XP Pro, and am the only user for the computer. and it doesnt ask me 4 pass when it laods up etc. i set my screensaver and ticked the box "on resume, password protect" an hit apply, but it doesnt ask for a password. just goes on as normal. i tried setting a password to my user account then trying it but to no avail. any ideas? :confused:

Since you are the only user, have you tried disabling quick user switching ?

You have to set a password for your account. Essentially the "on resume, password protect" means that it is going to lock your machine. It can't lock it if you don't have a password set on the account.

In 98 you set the password in the screen saver settings, but in XP it just links to your account.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, if this issue was already taken care of. I just noticed the date.

HoopaJoop said:
You have to set a password for your account. Essentially the "on resume, password protect" means that it is going to lock your machine. It can't lock it if you don't have a password set on the account.

In 98 you set the password in the screen saver settings, but in XP it just links to your account.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, if this issue was already taken care of. I just noticed the date.
It's not that late, only 4 days. Sometimes it takes longer than that to get a proper solution to a problem. Thanks for posting an answer anyway. And even if this user got their problem fixed, it can always help the next person who searches for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back