Paypal class-action settled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

"You have been sent this Notice because the records of PayPal, Inc. indicate you are a current or former PayPal account holder. This means you may be eligible to receive a payment from the proposed class action settlement in the lawsuit In re PayPal Litigation, Case No. 02 1227 JF PVT, pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Jose...."

So reads an e-mail sent out to users indicating that Paypal customers who joined between October 1999 and January 2004 may be entitled to a share of the payout. The payment may be in the region of around $50.

I'll be waiting for mine, then.... More here.

I've been a member since 2001 and back when I was verifying my credit card they charged me $3 and only gave $2 back. I wonder if that qualifies me for a kickback too:D

Read the fine print before everyone signs up...

(i) experienced or reported to PayPal an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer to or from their PayPal account including, without limitation, electronic transfers initiated by (a) the Fund Claimant; (b) PayPal in connection with, among other things, chargebacks, refunds, buyer complaints, PayPal's Seller Protection Policy, Buyer Complaint Process and/or Buyer Protection Policy; or (c) any third party;

(ii) had access to their PayPal account improperly, incorrectly or erroneously limited or restricted, in whole or in part;

(iii) made a request for information in connection with PayPal's restriction or limitation of the Fund Claimant's PayPal account or regarding an incorrect or unauthorized electronic transfer to which PayPal did not respond at all or did not respond to the Fund Claimant's satisfaction.

The conditions (i), (ii) and (iii) only apply to those making a claim as a "Dispute Resolution Claimant". Everyone else who opened a PayPal account in the specified time can submit a claim as a "Statutory Damage Fund Claimant" (there are 2 funds).

Originally posted by Strakian
Read the fine print before everyone signs up...

(i) experienced or reported to PayPal an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer to or from their PayPal account including, without limitation, electronic transfers initiated by (a) the Fund Claimant; (b) PayPal in connection with, among other things, chargebacks, refunds, buyer complaints, PayPal's Seller Protection Policy, Buyer Complaint Process and/or Buyer Protection Policy; or (c) any third party;

(ii) had access to their PayPal account improperly, incorrectly or erroneously limited or restricted, in whole or in part;

(iii) made a request for information in connection with PayPal's restriction or limitation of the Fund Claimant's PayPal account or regarding an incorrect or unauthorized electronic transfer to which PayPal did not respond at all or did not respond to the Fund Claimant's satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back