PBX hanging... Advise please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABAMOTO

Dear all:
I have a PBX running in my company but the system is fairly old (about 5 yrs and its running Win95 or Win98). Today before I came to my office my HR already called me and told me that the phone system is completely down. My first impression was that it was probably the power surge occured last night (there were a couple thunders and strikes).

I currently have PBX connected to UPS. In addition, there was no power surge recorded recently that could possibly affect my PBX. I have a few questions:

1. For those of you who use/maintain PBX, how do you determine whether it is outdated and needs to be replaced with a new unit?

2. UPS is intervened when voltage/current coming through falls outside the "safe range" (< 97volts or > 138 volts). However, does UPS supply a stable power to the devices attached to it? Or the current / voltage may still have spikes but within 97~138 volts range?

I am trying to determine whether my UPS protects my PBX 100%, or my PBX is getting too old / unstable and needs to be replaced.

Thank you all for your comments. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back