PC behaving strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC has been behaving strangely lately. Sometimes it just restarts. Other times, when booting or restarting it hangs at the Windows XP logo with the progress bar at the bottom.

I also had the problem that my system would detect my SATA hd. After consulting the ASUS website, i updated my bios but now a new problem showed up. My screen get garbled.

My Specs are:

P4 2.8 Ghz
MB - P4S800D
1 GB Ram
Geforce FX 5200
Maxtor SATA HD 120 GB

Can someone have a look at the minidump file and suggest what is going on ?

Thanks

Your minidump crashes at SSI.SYS. I believe this driver belongs to the Spysweeper programme. You minidump also references vsdatant.sys. This is part of the Zonealarm firewall.

It`s very difficult to be sure from just one minidump.

However, try uninstalling Spsweeper and see if your system still crashes.

If it does, please post the relevant minidumps for analysis.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard

Thank you Howard for your help. I will try uninstalling Spysweeper. Well updating the BIOS was, i think a bad move, coz now the pc is restarting more frequently. From the time of my post to now, i have 2 new minidumps. I have reverted to the old BIOS.

Both your latest minidumps crash at nv4_mini.sys. This is your Nvidia graphics card driver. They both have a bugcheck of 7F.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try updating your video drivers.

You should also run a memory test on your ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

that latest Nvidia stable drivers are 81.98

anything after to include 91.xx and 93.xx (beta) are unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back