PC boots up but then Nothing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I opened my PC last night to clean it and now it's not working. I removed the RAM and reseated it as I was getting long continuous beeps after the clean. It had been worked loose even though I had been very careful. This solved the problem of the continuous beeping and so I presume that this problem has been sorted. I checked the graphics card, reseated that also just in case, and it seems ok as in when I unplug the monitor it asks for a connection and when I plug it back in it seems okay. Changed graphics cards but still nothing on screen.
The Motherboard is powering up okay but I'm not getting anything on the screen. Changed monitors and I'm still getting nothing.

When I power up the PC it seems to boot okay but I'm not seeing anything on the screen.

Subsequently:

I've removed the graphics card but I am not getting any beeps on reboot??

Then I removed the RAM to see am I still getting the continuous beeps but nothing either ??

Seems to be going from bad to worse.

Any solutions??

AMD Athlon 1800+
256 RAM
ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card.
PC about 5 years old

Desktop? Does the cpu fan and psu fan run when the power switch is pressed?

Mobo light come on?

With the latching mechanism for RAM, I wonder that yours could 'work' loose.

Thanks for your reply
Yes the Desktop Mobo light comes on and both fans are active when the power switch is pressed. I obviously wasn't as careful with the cleaning as I thought I was.

What worries me now is that I'm no longer getting the warning beeps when I remove the RAM or the Graphics Card.
I may have damaged a part of the Mobo and this would be impossible to diagnose physically, I presume.

I have put the hard disk into an older PC I have and at least I can get what's on that to transfer, but I'm not to optimistic about my PC at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back