PC crash! Is this sound card related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello! Here's the problem, I play music files using WMP 11 and after being running for about 2-3 hours the PC freeze up with an annoying sound just a noise like interference or something like that, sometimes it won't freeze and it reboot itself, this only happen when I'm playing music for about that long, or maybe playing a game, I checked temps and they seem to be ok, Upgrade audio and video drivers and no luck, this happens randomly but is getting annoying and is doing it much more often now.
Could this be a Audio Card problem? unfortunately I don't have extra one to try it, maybe I should take out Audigy Card and try the onboard audio, what do you suggest me to do?

Specs: P4 3.4Ghz HT, ASUS P4P800E-Dx, 2GB RAM PC3200, 2x500GB SATA WD, Evga 7800GS, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, PSU Antec 500W

Thank you!

"Maybe I should take out Audigy Card and try the onboard audio, what do you suggest me to do?"...

This is a great idea! Go for it

The news are the onboard audio doesn't seem to work, not the same problem, but I can't configure my 7.1 sorround sound on it, even tough it have the tools and the setup speaker options, green jack is not working, I'm getting sound only from side and rears but no fronts, well that's another problem I don't really wanna deal with, so I'm back with my Audigy 2 ZS, and I don't know what else to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back