Pc crash on loging to my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

joinx

Hi!!
I was infected by lots of spyware
i removed them by spyware doctor and has to restart pc.
on restarting a power failure occur.every thing was shut down
when i log in a few hours later..it starts well but when i log in to my account. my pc crash and windows restart.
I try to use recovery console.
I enter 1 then for the administrator password i use the one i use for my account but it is not recognized.
what should i do?
i have windows xp sp 2

do a fresh install. Removing tons of spyware is more of a headache than it's worth. During the removal process, you probably also deleted some system files.

Tedster said:
Removing tons of spyware is more of a headache than it's worth.
I stongly disagree with this. You MUST stay on top of spyware if you expect your systems to keep running at top performance, your identity to remain secure, your systems free from malware, your computer from being hijacked and turned into a zombie and a threat to the rest of us, and any other computer on your network.

During the removal process, you probably also deleted some system files.
But this may be true.

First, scanning for spyware with only one tool won't cut it. You can usually get away with one anti-virus, one anti-Trojan, and certainly you should only use one Firewall. But you need an arsonel to combat spyware.

I suggest you run through my canned text below. Then try it out. If, it still has problem, then run the "Issues" option in Crap Cleaner - this is an excellent Registry cleaner - just make sure you perform a Registry back up when CC prompts you - I have NEVER had a problem with CC, but always back up the Registry before messing with it.

Run through this canned text to clean your system of malware.

Important Note: For all of the following suggested programs, use each application’s “update” feature to ensure you have installed the latest signature/definition files. This is necessary even if you just downloaded the most recent version of the application. Also, please be aware that some of the software is free to home and non-commercial use only. Be sure to read the EULAs before using.

Make sure you do not use more than one of the same type program "in memory" (also known as "in resident", "auto-protect" or "active scanning") at the same time to avoid conflicts. That is, have only one firewall, one anti-virus, one anti-spyware, and one anti-Trojan running at any time.

• Delete Temporary Files - Doing this before scanning significantly reduces scanning times and often clears out files that are corrupt or contain malware. Deleting cookies too ensures all “tracking cookies” are also removed. Note that deleting cookies will force the manual entry of user names and passwords for sites requiring them on your next visit, so make sure you know them. I recommend and use CrapCleaner from here. Before first use, check Options, Settings and ensure Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours is unchecked.

To delete temporary files directly from the browser without using Crap Cleaner, do the following:

• Internet Explorer
      • Go to Tools, Internet Options, and select the General tab,
        Click the Delete Cookies button, then OK,
        Click the Delete Files button, ensure Delete all offline content is checked, then OK.
      Mozilla Firefox
      • Go to Tools, Options,
        Click the Privacy button,
        Click the Clear All button,
        Click Clear All Information.
  • Scan for spyware. No one anti-spyware program gets them all, therefore, it is necessary to use an arsenal of tools. Past controversy over some spyware makers’ decisions to delist known spyware emphasizes the need to attack on different fronts. I recommend you download, install, and use the latest versions of ALL three of the following:
    • SpyBot Search and Destroy V1.4 from here,

AdAware SE from here,

Microsoft Windows Defender (ßeta 2) from here.
  • Scan for Trojans. As in the fight against spyware, it is best to hit Trojans with a variety of weapons.
    • CWShredder from here (pick the stand-alone version) will check for and clean all known CoolWebSearch variants,

ewido is a good spyware/Trojan cleaner and can be downloaded from here,

Trojan Hunter 30-day trial version is available here.
  • Scan for Viruses and Worms - Assuming you have an anti-virus program, download the latest signature files and perform a thorough scan. If you don’t have an anti-virus program, get one NOW!, update the signature file, and perform a thorough scan. AVG Free from here is excellent. As in firewalls and anti-Trojan applications, do not have more than one running “in-resident” or in “auto-protect” mode at any given time. I keep one in “auto-protect” and another for “on-demand” scanning. Remember to disable the running scanner before scanning with the “on-demand” scanner.

Scan with one or both (in turn) of these free on-line virus scanners as a double or even triple check. Some very malicious malware have been known to disable PC based AV scanners. These on-line scanners help compensate for that.

• Trend Micro HouseCall from here,
      or
      PandaSoft ActiveScan from here.
  • Scan for Rootkits

Rootkit is a term originating in the UNIX world to describe a set of “stealthy” tools used to obtain and/or maintain root access. A person with “root” access can do anything. Windows rootkits gain access by exploiting known vulnerabilities on un-patched systems, then use that access to install a “backdoor” to maintain that access to your system.
    • RootkitRevealer by SystemInternals, downloaded from here is used to detect the presence of rootkits.
  • Firewalls

If you are not using a software based firewall, get one of these NOW!
    • ZoneAlarm by ZoneLabs here is a favorite.
      or
      Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall from here.
Important note about Routers: If you have a router you still need a software based firewall on each system on your network. This is true even if it is a network of just one computer. If you are not using a router, you should, especially if you are using broadband (cable or DSL high-speed Internet). Ensure your router uses NAT (Network Address Translation). NAT acts as a very effective, hardware based, firewall. There are several offerings for under $50.00USD. Some offer dial-up support, and some include a print server for network printing. Using a router also allows you to disable printer and Internet connection sharing.

Important note about XP's Windows Firewall: Microsoft's ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and Windows Firewall (ICF renamed in XP SP2) are woefully inadequate and should be replaced immediately. They only block unauthorized incoming access attempts. ZoneAlarm and Kerio block both incoming and outgoing unauthorized access attempts, thus preventing Trojans, keyloggers, and other spyware from "phoning home" with your personal information. Do not use more than one software based firewall.

Remember to re-enable any real-time scanning disabled during these scans when done.

I know that is a lot but this is what it takes to get and keep your systems clean and running at full performance.

Do you have an original copy of Windows? Not the "recovery" disks from some PC makers - but a Windows disk from Microsoft? If so, and still having problems, insert the disk, click Start, Run, and enter:

sfc /scannow

(note the space after sfc)

This will run System File Check and will (hopefully) replace any corrupt or missing system files.

Thx for all!!
some of the step of removing spyware i do often!
but rigth now my prob is as soon as I log in my account, the desktop appear and then it crashes.I don't have time to process something. windows restarts.
2nd prob: The pc i am using rigth now crash also.attache is the minidump file.
thx!!

Joinx - one problem at a time please. For your 2nd PC, start a new thread to keep the issues separate to avoid confusion.

Now, back to the first PC.

Did you run through the cleaning steps - including cleaning out all your temp files?

You say when you try to log into your account - what account are you talking about?

Do you have the original Windows OS install disk?

sorry for the second prob!
So as for my 1st prob, I can't access my desktop.It crashes.
I start in safe mode now it's ok..
I back up my files and format the pc.
Now i think it's fine but sometimes I am getting an error msg from genric post win 32 and give me few minutes to close my programs and it restart my pc automatically..

It's an error msg from the generic host win 32.
then the rpc error which ask me to shut down all my program and a count down to restart pc...it occur all the time.

But what exactly does the generic host error message say?

RPC errors are often caused by viruses. Run completely through my list above again and make sure you update each signature file first.

I get an error window that says "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close..." After choosing whether or not to send the error report to Microsoft, I get another error window with a 1-minute countdown timer at the end of which Windows shuts down.
The message says that the shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM.
error signature: svhost.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back