PC crashes during gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently when I'm playing UT2003 Doom3... after 10 to 30 mins the pc locks-up forcing me to switch off the power supply and re-boot, as you can imagine its very frustrating.
I've tried a new processor fan in case it was overheating, I've tried updating the video card drivers, sound card drivers, mobo drivers and upddated the bios with no luck!

System specs
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Medion cybermaxx 3.2Ghz P4 HT
1GB Ram
Radeon 9800 pro (driver ver 6.7)
350W psu
MSI MS-7041 Motherboard

any help would be great coz i'm close to throwing it through the window!

Download Speed fan and check your temps while gaming. also check your voltages. and check your ram with memtest.

Speedfan results

Temp1: 48c
Temp2: 1c
Temp3: -17c
HD0: 56c

+12v: 12.65v
+3.3v: 3.14v

Is this normal?

Check ram, had one dodgey sim which I removed, but still have problem

YOUr voltages seem fine. What brand is the PSU and how many amps does it deliver on the +12V rail?

its 18Amp on the 12V rail. I also noticed the harddrive is getting very hot at 56c i've ordered a cooling fan for that, it may even be the problem! If not i'll get a new psu. cheers guys

But surely, that many amps wouldn't be needed for a card like a 9800PRO(not exactly a power-hungry beast)? Or would they?

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
But surely, that many amps wouldn't be needed for a card like a 9800PRO(not exactly a power-hungry beast)? Or would they?

I agree, maybe the 9800PRO isn't a power hungry beast, but look at his CPU, it's a 3.2GHZ P4, and if it's a Prescott, then it's a power hungry beast.

Anyway, he should be fine with 22 or more amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back