PC Crashes During Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I have a problem. I am having constant lock ups whenever I play any of my games. Doesn't matter what the game is...it continues to do this. I have updates the drivers for the video card...and it helped a bit...but is definately still doing it.

I have:

3.06 ghz P4
Radeon 800xt 256mb Video Card
1 GB DDR Ram

I'm unsure of what my Power Supply is but I bought my PC through DELL, Its a Dimension 8300 I believe. So the base power supply that came with it when I purchased it.

I know that it could possibly be the power supply and I may need a higher watt.

Also...I have had alerts come up after the dell screen.

They say:

Alert! Low battery Voltage
and sometimes
Alert! Previous Fan error

I'm leaning towards a heat issue. And a lot motherboard battery.

So before I take this to get it worked on somewhere (I don't trust myself installing a power supply, and I don't really know what the problem is) Could anyone offer any assistance with what I should do and what they think it is?

When did the problem start? How old is your PC? When and what was your last upgrade?

I am betting on a hardware issue. You might try your luck at the gaming forum section.

Russelfurd said:
Hello everyone. I have a problem. I am having constant lock ups whenever I play any of my games. Doesn't matter what the game is...it continues to do this. I have updates the drivers for the video card...and it helped a bit...but is definately still doing it.

I have:

3.06 ghz P4
Radeon 800xt 256mb Video Card
1 GB DDR Ram

I'm unsure of what my Power Supply is but I bought my PC through DELL, Its a Dimension 8300 I believe. So the base power supply that came with it when I purchased it.

I know that it could possibly be the power supply and I may need a higher watt.

Also...I have had alerts come up after the dell screen.

They say:

Alert! Low battery Voltage
and sometimes
Alert! Previous Fan error

I'm leaning towards a heat issue. And a lot motherboard battery.

So before I take this to get it worked on somewhere (I don't trust myself installing a power supply, and I don't really know what the problem is) Could anyone offer any assistance with what I should do and what they think it is?

Sounds like a a failing CPU fan /CMOS Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back