PC crashes to BSOD when unpacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I've been having this problem for quite some time now. I get IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop message every now and then, usually when extracting/unpacking data in command prompt... some game rips packs are using this method but not just them.

This is minidump from most recent BSOD i got:

ht*p://w*w.mediafire.com/?amd2520imes

(change * for t and w)

If you could give me ANY hint regarding my problem, I would be very grateful.

Hello, lordfrikk, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, please upload 4 or 5 of your latest minidumps in a zip file to a new reply in this thread.

For instructions on how to attach logs, see here. It is written for a different program but you will be able to extract the bits that you need from it.

Alright, I filled my profile a bit, read the topics you posted and attached a HJT log. Thanks for nice introductory post, Daveskater.

No problem, mate :)

You can have HJT fix these entries because they are deactivated:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\Program.exe (file missing)

They're the only bad things in your HJT log however I would like to see a minidump.

If you could go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put about 4 or 5 of your latest ones into a zip file and upload them as an attachment to a new reply in this thread then I will look through them for you :)

Two of your minidumps (12/11/07 and 12/04/07-2) say this:

Probably caused by: nv4_mini.sys
The process NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version belongs to the software nv by NVIDIA Corporation.

More info here

Go to the nVidia website and download the latest graphics drivers for your OS and card, then see how it goes :)

And 3 of your minidumps (12/09/07, 12/05/07 and 12/04/07-1) say this:

Probably caused by: ntoskrnl.exe
Process Name: Microsoft Boot Up Kernel
More info here

All I can think of for this error is to do a Windows repair install, and presumably you would be getting BSOD's during boot up at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back