PC crashing, system error 102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whenever I play a pc game or a game editor my PC crashes. By the way this is a pretty new pc, got it on christmas. Power supply is a handme down but everything else is new. When I looked up the system errors I got a 102, 1003 id error on the 23rd. (first day this happened). Rebooted, system recovered from a serious error. Everything was fine after that for a couple days, untill yesterday. Now no games work, everytime it crashes. Black screen, sometimes a light blue screen, beeping sound repeating (sound varies with game and when crashed). 2gb ddr2 ram, 8600gt 512mb gpu, athlon 4400 x2 cpu. Nothing strange on startup or process list. Got a couple other warnings in the past week too, Tcpip(4226) W32Time(36) and errors are System error (103, 1003),nv (108), and NetBT(4321). Ran the Dxdiag tests, all passed. When I try to play crysis I don't even get to the intro. PC crashes before I see anything but a black screen.

This is usually a driver error, caused by a corrupted driver, or an incorrect one.
Go to Start->Control Panel-System->Hardware->Device Manager and look for red or yellow flags. Then download new drivers for anything related to the adapter(s) discussed.
It can also be a memory fault, particularly if your memory is too slow or Value Ram, and it can also be a defective Video graphics port or a video graphics driver.
I would download an run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes to see what is detected. If you get any errors, replace the memory.
Finally, take a look at the video graphics card, or exchange it with another card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back