PC doesn't update automatically anymore-why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelineTherese

Hi, I'm Celine. Can someone out there help me? After recovering my PC (after a virus attack )from the original CD (Windows XP Pro SP2) my computer seems to be o.k. except that it doesn't update automatically anymore. Can any of you fellas please tell me what the problem could be and how can I fix it? The automatic updates feature is set to "on" and the background intelligent transfer is also enabled but no updates since sp2. Thanks in advance :blush:

Do a manual update at Microsoft using the "custom" setting, then watch the screen for messages.
Once that update is complete, reboot... and see normal operation.
During the next announced update watch for errors screen... at which point you will get instructions from Microsoft on how to fix it, if automatic updates still does not automatically occur... and Microsoft will offer a download, or you can use the error number to enact your own download fix from an alternate site.

raybay, thanks for your help - it works now!

Oh, thanks so much for the help! I followed your advice. After rebooting my PC the updates started automatically again! I'm glad it wasn't more serious than that. You guys REALLY are the BEST:knock: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back