Pc freezes no matter what i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

krals

Hi,
its all started when onw day i opend my PC, after 5 min freezes.
In the first place i thought it was somethign wrong with a softaware...so i started to unistall all programs i have one by one to see the performance...nothing happend.
I have even changed RAM..nothing happend.SO finally thought that maybe it was the HDD.

So i bought a new one (Maxtor 40GB) and now when i am trying to install windows 2000 it freezes again in the installation part (you know the blue screen)!!!
What else can be wrong???

thanks for any help.

P4,256RAM,2.4Ghz.

sounds like mine, removed everything still happened, BIOS was the problem - it changed some of the settings itself. look at ram spped in bios - mine was set to wrong speed. maybe this will solve your problem, it fixed mine.

i just checked the RAM speed in BIOS.
It sais : DDR1 256MB which is the right....
I dont know what else can i do!! i have removed EVERYTHING and i still get the same.
I also checked if there is any conflicts between devices..but no luck.
I have checked the event viewer in case something was shown there..but nooothing.

The ONLY i didnt do so far is to clear CMOS but i dont think this would help in this case.
I believe its a matter of motherboard..
what do u say folks?

mailpup said:
Do you have another power supply you could try?

Do u think its a power supply problem?
i have only changed the power supply cable, in case you mean this.

Check to see that everything is seated properly, ide cables, pci cards, agp card, ram, anything else you can remove and put back (don't do cpu just yet).

You should also try a different IDE ribbon cable for the hard drive. And try installing with the least possible hardware attached (remove all unnecessary cards).

I have changed all things that you just mentioned.
i even used a new hard disk and try to install windows there...but i got this freezing things too.

what mother board are you using? mine is asus & i could change the ram/cpu speed on startup - pressing <del> before anything else started.

i have an ASROCK motherboard, even if i go to BIOS settings i can see the values but i cant change them, there are disable (you know, the grey color).
Now i notice that when i open the PC it doesnt turn on the light in front!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back