PC hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer hangs up after a few minutes of using. I already formatted my HDD and installed fresh OS (Win XP) but after few minutes still it hangs up. Sometimes when I tried to power on my PC I can hear the beep sound, sometimes a voice message saying "CPU dropped". I badly need your help.What happen to this?

That could be caused by overheating. Check the CPU and motherboard temps and post them if you can. :hotbounce

i tried that and the temp is okay but still i encounter the same problem...what will i do now???pls help me :-(

Hi
U need to check few things for me ,
1. When is the system freezing , on a particulr software or a game .
2. Hard ware sspecs for the system and how much RAM is installed on the system
**** This can be a hardware issue or an issue with windows , first lets isolate it before we jump to conclusions
Check for error in windows, how is the system freezing , is it giving an error message , is it happening when the system is on net .
Incase of hardware this can be a number of components , let me know all this we can fix this . It is good that the system is unning at normal temp , reformatting hard drive does not mean that the issue is not with windows , it can be a program u instaled that is running in the background in windows .
3. Is the system running normally other wise or is it running slow
This issue wil take time ttoo fix , u can PM me as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back