PC mag

takaboku

I'm trying to decide which pc magazine I should prescript to, any advice would be appreciated. Thx...

CPU, MaximumPC, Windows VISTA Magazine, PCWorld, Smart Computing, and PC Magazine all have different features that are useful. You should get to a book store, your public library, or a big Safeway magazine rack to look them over for a month or two.
I like CPU, but it is clear that they take money for some of the stuff they publish. I could not do without any of them... and cannot afford them all
Going online helps as most publish something online.

Thx for the advice, raybay. I was thinking about PC World caused I'll downloading patches from their site, but I'll check on the others too. But my savior and my friends is TeckSpot. The advice here has saved my ****(wow, won't let me spell "but" with 2 T's". you guys run one tight ship, thx again...) and my friends tails on several occasions. Thx folks...

Although they do have some useful info and reviews, i have found that they tend to have some very noobish advice. Since the average computer user is not very experienced..Also, there are too much ads. I just stick to free online stuff now.

most of their content is redundant and geared towards noobs. But their reviews can be informative. I subscribe to PC mag and computer shopper here in Iraq only because reading material is scarce. However, stateside I only get the online editions.

Many pc magazines contradict themselves as Tedster Says, (Computer Shopper suggested an eMachines :eek:), although they are a source of valuable information. I use CPU Magazine, Computer Shopper, Maximum PC, and PC World :unch: !

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated guys. We bought my niece an e-machine several years ago, a first time computer to serf and to help with homework, and it's been problem free for her. (knock on wood...)

I would have to agree that there are some nice things in there....I don't know about the quality of the tech information, but.......:D !

The eMachines motherboards have only been problems since March of 2003... earlier ones had power supply problems but were about as good as the average PC.

I might have to disagree with you there raybay....you see, eMachines, back in the day, came free with loads, and loads, and loads of pre-installed software which bogged down the computer :( .

Back