PC Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

I have a emachine 900mhz 128mb of ram thinking of going to 512,don't know that much about memory but after reading outher posts thought I'd get your opioion on this memory RK-BYTE it is cheap,before I buy!:bounce:

First off all....you are running emachine right? I believe some e-machines have a limit of memory they able to run with some which are relatively small by current standard, before making a move to purchasem, are you positive that your emachine can support up to 512mb of ram?

I admit i'm not sure what an "emachine" is exactly but in my experience, buying cheapo ram is a bad bad idea.

If I were you i'd go to www.crucial.com look up your mb, and order ram from there.

My advice is to always go for brand names when buying pc hardware.

Well, for you info, Malladine, emachine is a bare version of pc designed for officework or internet surfing. Onboard sound and graphics are common features to cut cost of production.

Ah, good to know. Thought it might be something like that.

Well tigger, you need to find out what mb that is before buying ram because as young says, the mb may have a serious limitation there.

sure glad I decided to ask, kinda popped my bubble,thought I had found a good deal.....ya sure! saved myself some money and probably alot of problems,soooo I thank all of you,its going to take me awhile to check everything out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back