PC overheating and shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've read through alot of posts that seem similar to what I've got but with each one having had a different answer to fix the problem (all i've tried) thought I'd post my own message.

Right now temperatures are at:

mob: 37c
cpu: 45c

however, if i was to run a program that required some thinking (World of Warcraft even winamp) it'd slowly crawl up to 70c+. Which starts a repeating siren to play over the sound system which plays stops then repeats until eventually the PC shuts down. The only way to restart the PC is to switch the power off at the socket and wait. I have one fan sucking air in. This has only just started to happen in the last week, in which time I haven't installed any new hardware.

All fans seem to be at least spinning though I'm not sure at what speeds they should be spinning. So some help on that would be cool :grinthumb

My voltage is all in green except for Core and Aux which is

Core: 1.66
Aux 2.69

I'm running

AMD Athlon 2400+
Radeon Sapphire 9600
abit nf7

I'm currently thinking of upgrading graphics card and power unit, I know the graphics card probaboly won't help with the heating problem but I'm hoping a new power unit will.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

Thanks,

Chris

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

Maybe it`s time to take off the heatsink, and after cleaning, reapply some good thermal paste.

If you download the free Everest programme in the above link, it maywell tell you what speed your cpu fan is running at. Just click computer, then sensor in the right hand pane of the programme.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back