PC pauses and mouse stops moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethrion

I have no idea if this is a virus or malware issue so please move this thread if its in the wrong place.

Basically my pc has started pausing every few seconds and I have no idea what caused this.

The mouse pointer freezes and everything just stops for a moment. What on earth can I do?

Help!

Hi,

Go to task manager by pressing Ctrl+alt+delete together or Ctrl+shift+esc. Go to the Processes tab, and click on the CPU. The processes will sort themselves. Let us know which processes take up the most % of your resources and we'll see what we can do.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of ethrion only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I had RealPlay.exe using 50% of the CPU. Im not sure why that would be running on startup or using so much.

Ive been told that the pausing issue might be a problem with my RAM...?

Hi,

Download HijackThis from my signature and save it in its own folder in C:\ eg C:\HijackThis. Rename the .exe file to Analyze.exe.
Next run it and save a scan log. After that post the log here as an attachment.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of ethrion only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back