Pc restarting trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your having the same problem as that guy, then proceed to trying one stick of Ram at a time. If you read on in that post, that is how he fixed his issue; one of his ram modules were no good.

It is safe to touch the parts inside as long as you have the power on the PSU turned off. Just be careful, and don't touch capasitors ;)

i tried putting in one ram at a time but i overheated my motherboard looks like... there was a burning smell inside my computer and then it did not even boot up some dude came to have a look at my computer and he said that its a motherboard issue aswell... i am starting to believe him as it is the only possible logical conclusion i can come up with... looks like i will have to buy a new system...

;'(

When you tried using just one stick of ram, did you possibly do anything else?
I didnt read the other post you are pointing to, but i wonder if your power supply is bad. Often they will still turn on but have bad lines (rails) in them.
Can you borrow a power supply from someone and try that out?
Another thing you could do is to open your power supply. Dont touch anything as you can get a bad shock, even with the power off and unplugged. But just opening the power supply and looking for burnt wires or anything else burnt wont hurt you at all. I use rubber gloves and a plastic stick to look around in power supplies. If you are careful and dont touch anything inside you wont get hurt.

If you smelled burning have a good look at your mobo. Shine a flashlight on it and have a good look for brown marks. Unfortunately it could be on the other side of the mobo and you would have to take it out of the case to check that out.

Is that "guy" a computer repair technician or a friend or just someone you know?
AT this point you need to find what burned and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back