PC Restarts by itself (no virus or spywares)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My computer restarts by itself and I know it is not the RAM since I tested it (ran my computer with one 512RAM chip and it keeps restarting and then the other).
It is getting really annoying since I am not that great with hardware and I've been looking for the solution everywhere for over two months now.
I even downloaded motherboard monitor, but I don't know what to do with it :haha: Looks really complex.
Anyways, the computer only restarts when I am playing videogames. I would leave it on for 2-3 days downloading things or just idle to see if it auto-restarts but it won't. This point should help to come to a conclusion I guess (for people who understand more than me about computers) Maybe temperature? The only fan I got is the one in the cpu.
Sometimes when it restarts by itself it says that "the system has recovered from a serious error" and that it could probably be because of some "wrong hardware installation".
Well, that's all I can tell, help will be really appreciated since this problem is getting really annoying like I mentioned :mad: .
I have speedfan and it registers the following while playing (maybe more):
System: 91F
CPU: 114F
AUX: -54F
HD0: 113F
HD1: 106F
Core: 118F
Are these temperatures ok?

I am running on a AMD Sempron 3000+, 1G RAM, Geforce 7600GT, 200G HD, Win XP, 350WTS.

Thanks for your time.

i only can understand in celsius =]

normal cpu temp (for me anyway) is around 35-45c* (idle or heavy load)
video card (512mb) temp should be around 45-55c* (idle or heavy load w/ custom build add-on fan)

System: 91F
CPU: 114F
AUX: -54F
HD0: 113F
HD1: 106F
Core: 118F
Are these temperatures ok?

Joselox,
I hope these temps are actually in Farenheit. If the're actually in Celsius... you are in trouble! The AUX -54F is irrelevant. The others are ok. Remove the case cover and check game playing, then turn off Automatically Restart under System, Advanced, startup and recovery...

Hi,
Yes, the temps are in Farenheit.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "Remove the case cover and check game playing, then turn off Automatically Restart under System, Advanced, startup and recovery..."
What am I supposed to look for when I remove the cover?
What should I do after I turn off automatic restart?

Thanks.

After removing the case, play a game and see how it runs, with or without errors. By turning off Automatic Restart, you will see a blue or black screen with writing on it. This will tell us what kind of error is causing your trouble, so we can help.

After turning of auto restart, reboot your system and play that troublesome game

Ok, thanks a lot man. Sorry for being a noob :p
Will do that this afternoon and post the result, omg I have lots of things to do right now.

Ok this is so wrong... when I went to uncheck automatically restart it was already unchecked...
Any ideas now? Maybe bios can restart my pc? I got a Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF

PS: I bought two fans and temp went down 2-3Cº

Ok, I saw something about "system log" while looking for the "automatically restart" option, and I looked up how to interpret it. This is what happened when the error ocurred:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Tcpip
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4226
Date: 7/24/2007
Time: 4:26:46 AM
User: N/A
Computer: JOSELO
Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 82 10 00 80 ....‚..€
0010: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

That's like 25 min before my computer restarted and I think it may be the cause since it took me that time to look up how to read/open system log, go bathroom, etc, etc lol

OMG hope this helps!!! Need help!!! Hate my computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back