Pc restarts for no obvious reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damned

Hi everyone I am in dire need of your help, my computer keeps restarting aand after the restart I get this error message :BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BFBA897C BCP3 : F3959A5E SP 2 product 256 (1)
I hope I haven't missed anything please respond as soon as possible I really need my computer intact this time of year

I have enclosed and the minidumps

Attachments

• Mini110106-01.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 5
Have you recently installed any new software? If so then try reinstalling it.
Have you recently installed any new hardware? If so then check the drivers.
Always take these steps first for problems like this.

Hope this helps!

Four have crashed at your video card driver and one with hardware. The crashes have occurred with the card under stress (WMP, WoW). It may be overheating, open up the case and check that the fan's still working and there's no build up of dust. Is it overclocked?

Update the drivers as well, as they're pretty old.

thx for the help my first guess was that, as for the drivers i can't find any new ones for the card it seems that nvidia doesn't make any more updates for my card, as for the overclocking staff no my pc isn't overclocked
by the way what hardware was involved in the fourth crash?

if you happen to know where i can find them i would be very much obliged

can i ask something else the pc the last two days when i push the on button it starts but it doesn't make any beeping and it needs a couple of tries to get started normally and after that it has one of two restarts and today i got a different error code

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : 9FA94FCB BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : BF8374C7
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

i am in dire need of help

That one's caused by memory corruption. Have you installed any new RAM? It can also mean the video memory. Test the RAM with Memtest86+ anyway.

i did the memtest it found 19 errors the only problem was that it didn't have an error report at the end it just started the test all over again i ma gettinng desperate here please help anyone

It loops until you stop it. How many sticks of RAM do you have? Have you added to or replaced it recently? It needs to pass with zero errors, so it looks like you've found the problem.

i have one stick 256 MB ram twinmos and one stick 512MB Ram kingston, but the thing is that i had the 512 MB stick for over a year it didn't have any problems at all. to be exact i had 256 MB ram and i added one stick 512 MB ram.
The "funny"thing is that i removed recently the 256 MB stick believing that it was that stick with the problem, but after i had just turned on the pc it rebooted again. So i wasn't really sure if it was the ram problem.
Could be anything else than RAM for example the "overheating "problem of my graphics card?

I alos wanted to thank you so far you all been great help and i believe i am close to the solution of the problem, just wandering about the last question i asked thx in advance

You have to rule out the RAM first, you have to remember that RAM can fail just like any other component. The next step is to test each stick by itself, for at least 7 passes.

i tested the 256 stick and it came out clean so i suppose it is the 512 stick knowing that the last test i did yesterday found 19 errors with both sticks on
and after i have removed the 512 stick the pc turned on nicely with all the beeps and stuff and not any second or third tries. luckily i am still in the limits of the warranty of that stick so i will change it.

I wanted to thank you for your help so far you saved my **** when i was going bananas so i am grateful, most likely everything is going to be all right from now on, thx again

I got an error and a reboot I think is my graphics card overheating please take a look at the minidump and tell me if you can,just to be sure thx alot

Attachments

• Mini110306-01.zip
    19 KB · Views: 6
well i would like to think that my life with my pc was going on another level and yes it did today i got a better error i turned on my pc today and after all the normal beeping i got this lovely message two times in a row:

windows could not start system32/drivers/ntfs.sys is missing or corrupt

whta on eart is going on am i cursed or something?help is needed thx in advance

you know i had the same problem and i just fixed it yesterday when i get home i will look at your minidump and let you know what is causing this problem. by the wayfrom what you just told about ntfs.sys it sound like your OS is done and you need to format your hdd and then install xp if there are files you want to keep you should make a bootable disk using bart pe if you want more info try looking at this site under resources

unitedtechsco.com might be underconst..... but last time I look it was not

thx for responding you cannot actually believe what i have been through so far, i had this pc for 4 years and trust me when i tell you that, i do not think anyone in the universe had the problems i had over time, usually after every solution to a problem there is almost a three month period of calmness and joy and then we are all over again

ok if you get another dump file up loaded because the one i got points to ntoskrnl.exe wich cant be right some third party drive had to send a command to it and it crashed

well problems seem surface out of nowhere, today it started normal and for 3 consecutive times i got a blue screen and a reboot i don't know what's gong on and i am getting really frustrated, yes i got the game but i don't know what's going on o see if i can find a minidump for you to see

ok the first of the two was caused by your nv4_disp.dll your video card have you open your pc to look if the fan on the card is spining not sure if your card has a fan asking because mine dose just open your pc turn it on make sure they are spining dont take out or nothing also go to your pc maker and look for up dates not from nvidia get it from your pc maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back