pc restarts on its own. helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

Hi, i have recentrly formated my system and my pc restarts on its own. i have all latest drivers and tested my memory with memtest and found no problems. before the format the system worked fine and now restarts without even a notice.

Can anyone help? i have included a minidump which i dont know how to read. any ideas much appreciated.

kirock said:
Read this link first and post back with your system spec including PSU details please.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48731

cheers.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
basically this is a fairly simple system and hasnt got any new stuff on it, was used previously as a gateway with mandrake 10.1, switched now to xp as i need windows.
specs:
athlon 2400MHz, 1GB ram non branded (tested with memtest and comes clean),
riva tnt2 graphics, 60Maxtor IDE disk, PSU Qtec 450W, asrock cpuez upgrade 600.

i have changed now the setting that will allow to show the blue screens as shown on the link u posted but havent had ny restart yet.
the minidump i posted though are from the last restarts the system did. the only thing i noticed was when i loggen on to windows a pop message saying that windows recovered from a serious error.

I have also tried microscope diagnostic software and tested all system which didnt show anything wrong.
any advice/ideas much appreciated.
i think the problem could be to a software i use to route some ports to other systems, but cannot check that as i dont know how to read the minidumps.

anyways. hope someone can help. thnx

was used previously as a gateway with mandrake 10.1, switched now to xp as i need windows.

Is this the part were you say : Hi, i have recentrly formated my system and my pc restarts on its own.

My point is did you get the service pack installed too. SP2 really?
You said all drivers updated, this includes the mobo northbridge chipset drivers?
Sorry I too can't read the minidumps, TS does have a very good fella here who can, Howard Hopkinso. He's going to tell you he needs more then 1 dump to really know what the prob is. Please read this link for Howard's instructions:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic35103.html

All your minidumps crash at Teefer.sys. This is one of the drivers for your Sygate firewall.

Update Sygate. If that doesn`t help, uninstall Sygate and try a different firewall.

Regards Howard :)

hi there

thanks for the replies. ok basically i uninstalled sygate firewall and my system seemed crash free for about 4-5 days. one night the system restarted when i was moving a 20gb folder from one disk to another. the whole process seemed quite slow from time to time, as it went from remaining 5 min to 100 min and back to 5min later. anyways. before the end the system restarted with no warning or anything.
again today i installed system mechanic 6 and first time when i restarted the system after the setup had finished, the system presented a blue screen for a sec and restarted. now am blue as well :( dunno what the heck is going on with my pc. anyon that can read these sceendumps or knows anything that relates to this problem i have, please help.

thanks for your time

-----------
edit

hello again, had two more restarts, which one showed problem with http.sys file which i believe relates to iis server? i am not using this to my knowledge, as i have no web server, or any work that relates to web pages and such.
anyways....
also when i logged into windows afterwards i was greeted with this message.
TITLE: Gigastudio System Warning!
"Your system has recovered from a serious error. Would you like to disable all drivers associated with the Giga Technology".

also edited my settings so my system will completely dump memory if a crash occurs again so i can post more details of the problems.

thanks again

1 minidump crashes at XStAudio.sys. I can find no info for this driver. Do you know what it is? It has a bugcheck of D1.

2 minidumps crash at win32k.sys. This is the windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. They have bugchecks of 8E and 50. One also references ProTools M-Power as the owning process.

1 minidumps crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows bootup kernel file. It has a bugcheck of 50.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

You may have a ram problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back