PC Sales Stay Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Growth of PC shipments will continue at double-digit rates in the first quarter of 2004, and hold that pace throughout the year, market research company Gartner predicts.

In the first quarter of 2004, PC vendors will ship 44 million units, up 13.3 percent from the first quarter of 2003, Gartner says. Consumer notebooks continue to lead most of the growth as wireless technologies improve and prices fall, the company says.
The rest of the year will see an increase in the number of corporations upgrading their aging PC inventories, Gartner says. This "corporate replacement cycle" has been eagerly awaited for about two years, but has been spread out over a longer period of time compared to the last major replacement cycle in 1999.

Read more: PC World.

To think all these people will prolly get a net connection & probably AOL. I can imagine them spamming IRC channels allready with a bunch of "a/s/l". MAKE IT STOP !!! :p

well, I have aol (simply for cheap 1meg Broadband) but I don't use their software. a/s/l ain't my thing though.lol

Besides, I built this thing myself, it's cheaper. I still don't understand the "lets spent over £1100 in Dell, instead of saving £600 and learning a little at the same time" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back