Not open for further replies.

depakjan

My pc is brand new pc(only 5 days from now) and the config is
intel 975xbx motherboard
ati raedon 1950 pro 512mb graphics card
intel core 2 duo processor 1.86ghz
1gb of ram
atx cabinet having two fans
i am running xp professional service pack 2....... my pc is shutting down by itself(not going into shutdown sequence and all DIRECT SHUTDOWN) ...... i have read all those psu stuffs... cpu overheating...... but evrything is brand new.. my smps alone is 60$ it has that 8pin supply to motherboard that one..... first the pc was restarting sometimes and sometimes was shutting down..... and then i unchecked that check box which says "restart
when error occurs" in startup nad recovery settings in my computer properties...... and restart stopped but the shut down thing is still persisting..... if the supply is wrong i have UPS for that matter.. and cpu overheating I HAVE TWO FANS.... do i need more fans????........ or what to do.... please help me out.... i have spent so much in assembling this pc.... pls help me out..... do i need to change smps???....

Atx cabinet having two fans and both r running and also i checked the processor fan which is also running good... and the temperatures are also normal likely

processor temp 49 c
internal temp 40C
remote temp 39C

i have desktop utilities which shows these temps and also the bios is also showing the same temp... after it shutsdown i checked the temps .. they r all the same.... so IT'S NOT OVERHEATING... then what may the prob??

Has this ever run properly? Check all your connections including the mains plug. Pull out and reseat the cards and memory. Download and run Mem Test. If more than one stick of ram try swapping the slots.

Still i am not able to solve the problem...........
If it is a psu problem, will it happen occasionally?,, sometimes it runs for 2 days without shutting down,sometimes it shuts down immediately after switch on my after a long time?......

It is not becoz of overheating too... cause i bought a new fan ..... i have 4 fans including the processor fan.....

i juz cant figure out.. pls help me.... why the hell is it shutting down.........??

It is not os issue too.. cause i have dual boot(xp and vista).. in both it is happening like that only............

run a diagnostics test. That should help to find the source of the problem. From my expeirences of shutting down/restarting problems, i can tell you that it may be your power supply. My compouter kept restarting and the power supply eventually blew up. Your running a beast in there, maybe you need a power supply with more watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back