Pc shutting down in middle of game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

geos

hey guyz, i'm new here ^^
well, i'll go straight 2 the problem..
i got GPU of MSI, NX7600GTe256.
i was in lan party 2 weeks ago, and in the middle of the party my pc restarted while i was playing UT3.
i let it restart, then, when i got into the windows, clicked on my username, and pc restarted again.
and again i let it restart, and this time it restarted even faster than the time before.
and today, i got home after school, wanted to turn on my pc, turned it on, but then it restarted again after 4 seconds :|
and i checked out its temp. it is steady on 67C, sometimes get to 70 C. and no, its not overlocked.
and all my fans are working gr8
and my PSU is 500W , and dont think problem is from it.
and one knows from what my pc is being automatically restarted?

thnx in advance 4 all the helpers <3

Can you boot into safe mode?

And what is running at 67 to 70c? CPU? GPU? Mobo?

Hello there! Welcome to techspot!
First mistake: Don't judge a PSU for it's wattage, I did that mistake a couple of years ago and paid the consecuenses, you need to know how many Amps the PSU provide on the 12v rail. Second as Rik asked, 67-70c? where? if CPU that's too hot! I think I never reached that temp even with my old Prescott P4 3.4ghz. for GPU I'm not sure I remember having 65c on a 7800GS at full throtle. Honestly I've fixed many problems like this 80% were faulty/not enough juice PSU the other 20% Damaged/Overheated MOBO. but that's just in my experience could be something else like CPU, GPU it would be great if you give us your PC specs to be more helpful.

67C is my GPU temp.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:
160 GB
Video Card:
MSI NX7600 GT
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
Sound Blaster Audigy
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional+SP2

could the problem be from viruses/torjans/spyware or anything like that?

It could be malware related. You need to answer my first question in my first post before anything can be done.

i believe i can run it in safemode.. cause i can run it in normal... (i'm now using the pc itself ;) )
and as i said, 67C is GPU's...

I was under the impression from your first post that you couldn't get the pc to boot! That's why I asked if it would boot into safemode.

You need to go to this thread, Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow only the instructions for creating a hijackthis log.

Post the log as an ATTACHMENT into this thread and I will have a look and see if your pc is infected. Do not cut and paste it into this thread as it makes it a bit of a pain to analyze.

What he should also do is set event logs on, not auto restart, or at least confirm that it's not set to auto restart on error.

Right click on My Computer/properties/Advanced tab/Start-up and Recovery/: see System Failure area. Note if Auto restart is checked. Un check and check "Write and event.."

i believe i've done that kirock, and still pc auto restarted and nothing happened...
and btw Rik, i'm still doing these scans u told me about :)
so far everything is good...

Well I'm going way out on a limb here :) , but it could just be a psu issue. How old is that 500W unit? If the +5Vpg drops (and it can if +5V rail is caving) then the cpu will reboot itself. i.e. pc reboots. +5Vpg=power good signal to mobo from the green wire on the 20/24pin connector to the mobo. This signal must be present before the cpu will come out reset mode. If the signal drops the cpu reads it as reset mode and you get reboot.

Or

It could be stuff Rik is talking about. But they are both valid options of what could be happening.

Sorry but i know quite a bit about pc psu's. Not exactly sure about what you are on about there. Do you mean the ps_ok wire there? Aka the purple wire? Or the PS_ON wire? Aka the green?

wow guys... kirock, i have no idea what u r talking about ^^ and rik, i'll just do all the steps, and then i'll just post the hjt.. ;)

Edit:
i was doing this step 13, doing scan, but then the pc restarted suddenly :| after it tries to restart, it restarted again after half second, unplugged the pc, tried again later. I get to the window where i can choose users, then the pc restarts again, and then again after half second, wtf :S i ran it in safemomde, it worked (didnt restart) then i ran it again in normal mode (now..) and its working... wtf mates? hardware or software? cause til step 13 every software i used said i dont have any viruses or anything.. i need to fix this by tomorrow!!!!
i'll try 2 jump 2 the step of the HJT now...

Yes rik, I mean Ps_OK (purple wire, my mistake I confused it with the green ps_on wire). Thanks for the correction.

Reading your hjt log I'm thinking more and more it's a hardware problem. It's very likely your psu going bad, or your cpu hsf has come loose and cpu is overheating.

Ok with that being said there a few things to delete in your hjt scan.

Delete ALL 018 entries EXCEPT the last one called Skype. (internet phone) you DO have skype installed right? If not delete that too.

Delete 023 "OneStep Search Service", unless you are really sure you want this.

What is 017 ccs\services\tcpip? Is that legit sw you installed? if not delete.

Delete 016 Performance Viewer activex, unless you a very very sure you know what it is.

Wait for second opinion too though.

But really other then 018 repeating itself a thousand times, you log looks pretty good. A little busy with processes, but they all look legit, except for the few I mentioned above and even they might be ok, but just not needed. ie. not glaring malicious stuff.

It's infected. You really need to make a post in the Security and the Web forum and have it sorted properly/

thnx kirock

and Rik, how could you find that its infected? which thing? and could that be the reason for pc restarting?

If you read what it says in my signature you will see that I am a malware remover in training, thats how i know your pc is infected. It's what i do (thought that was obvious, oh well).

If malware does damage to your critical windows files then it could cause your problem, it's a bit of a long shot tho.

hehe.. when i'm in troubles, i dont read these small letters :D should work on that ;)
can u give me direct link to where i should post my logs so someone can help me removing those bad thingys? ;) :p (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back